Sinterit Lisa Pro is an improved version of the desktop 3D printer Sinterit Lisa, produced in Poland. The article provides an overview of the technology: its characteristics, printing samples, implemented innovations, equipment.
- Overview of Sinterit Lisa Pro
- Main features
- Improved temperature control
- Updated Reliability System
- Simplified maintenance system
- Working with the exterior
- Thin Layer Printing
- Increased model dimensions for printing
- Specially developed Sinterit Studio software
- Touch screen for operation
- 3D printer Sinterit Lisa Pro technical specifications
- Equipment set
- Print quality and product examples
- Who is suitable for whom?
- What materials are used?
- Getting ready to work: the basics
Overview of Sinterit Lisa Pro
Sinterit Lisa Pro works using Selective Laser Sintering (or SLS) technology. This is selective laser sintering, suitable for creating small parts and prototypes from synthetic powder. The essence of the technology is the sequential sintering of layers of powder material using a high-power laser.
The SLS makes it possible to produce models with a smooth surface and a high modulus of elasticity. Supporting structures are not required during printing – this helps to get rid of layering of parts. The method has existed since the mid-1980s, but it was only introduced into the world of 3D printing in 2014. The pioneers were representatives of the Polish company Sinterit.
Desktop printers from the manufacturer from Poland offer the user good functionality at a low cost.
Sinterit Lisa Pro model entered the market in 2019. From its predecessor, the desktop printer with SLS technology is distinguished by a larger print chamber and an integrated argon or nitrogen supply. All objects in the printer are printed layer by layer, by laser beam sintering of polymer powder.
The material itself, from which the blank is made, serves as support. There is no need to put additional bridges between the elements of the part being prepared. After printing the shape of the part is obtained in any way, it is possible to create mobile mechanisms. The number of parts is limited only by the size of the chamber.
Sinterit Lisa Pro has two main innovations that distinguish the technique from its predecessor:
- an enlarged print chamber;
- built-in inert gas system.
Important! Professional version of the desktop 3D printer with SLS technology allows you to print and large models. The width, height, length can reach 32 cm in diagonal arrangement of the object.
Sinterit Lisa Pro is a printer with a built-in system for supplying argon or nitrogen into the printing chamber. This feature displaces atmospheric air from the space and significantly expands the choice of materials with which to work. Modern polymer powders are used for printing to ensure the strength and rigidity of the prints.
The Sinterit Lisa Pro is a desktop 3D printer that used the technical foundation of its predecessor to develop it. In the 2019 model of the Pro class, the following aspects have been refined.
Improved temperature control
The housing with steel elements provides good thermal insulation and makes maintenance easier. A metal insert protects the seals from premature wear and tear.
There are notches on the 3D printer’s lid. They fit snugly and allow the pyrometers to accurately detect the temperature in the printing chamber. This property ensures that the material is processed in the correct conditions.
Updated Reliability System
The Sinterit Lisa Pro features a glass in a sealed frame. This sheet protects the laser from damage and can be replaced if necessary and continue to use the technology. A new locking system is used to set the temperature in the chamber at the optimal level. It prevents heat loss.
Simplified maintenance system
The heating elements are easily accessible by the user at all times. The front panel is designed in such a way that the cleaning process will be easier. The housing can be disassembled in a few minutes for further transport of the device. 3D-printed latches allow the user to reassemble the frame themselves.
A special hole is designed for cleaning polymer residue.
Working with the exterior
Hinges and a new lock are provided for safer operation. The on/off button is located on the side. The rubberized feet do not slip on the surface, and the overflow tray has been increased by 10% in volume.
Thin Layer Printing
The Sinterit Lisa Pro is suitable for thin layers with a thickness of 0.075-0.175 mm. This ensures precision in machining parts. Printing accuracy in XY axes is improved: it is from 0,05 mm.
Increased model dimensions for printing
You can create large parts inside the chamber. Diagonally they can be as large as 31.6 cm, which greatly extends the scope of the device.
Specially developed Sinterit Studio software
To work with the 3D printer, the developers created Sinterit Studio – software that regulates the work of the equipment. It allows the user to set the parameters of the workpiece, determine the thickness of the layer and the location of the model inside the chamber.
Through the program, it is possible to control the work of all the printers in the access area. To do this, they need to be synchronized with the software, and the user can monitor the printing process. The file ready for printing is transported to the memory of the device via a flash drive or Wi-Fi connection.
Touch screen for operation
Menu items are provided for starting and controlling printing, cleaning the printer, and activating the accelerated mode. The touchscreen display shows progress information and displays errors.
The temperature in the chamber reaches 190 oC. The device works with polymer powders.
3D printer Sinterit Lisa Pro technical specifications
IR laser 5W
Minimum wall thickness 0.4 mm
Temperature in the chamber 192°C
XY printing accuracy: 50 µm
Footprint area 150 x 200 x 260 mm
Layer thickness from 75 μm
7″ color display
Weight, kg 90
Price 2 077 981 rubles
Sinterit Lisa Pro – 3D-printer with a large set of components. Together with the equipment, the user receives the following accessories:
- a plate for finished models;
- molds for cooling;
- spatula for the powder;
- plastic measuring cup;
- metal sieve;
- brand-name cup;
- Sinterit Studio software manual;
- user manual;
- Spatula for powder extraction;
- flash drive with Sinterit Studio software;
- start key;
- a brush to clean the tanks;
- several brushes;
- a tool to clean the metal parts of the printer;
- laser safety glass;
- safety glasses and gloves to work with;
- silicone-based lubricant;
- ethyl alcohol;
- power cord;
- a set of plastic spatulas;
- a spare rope for the Recoater;
- dust mask.
Important: When working with powdered polymer materials it is necessary to wear the provided protection means – goggles and gloves. Contact of small particles with mucous membranes and skin can cause allergic reactions.
Print quality and product examples
The Sinterit Lisa Pro is a printer for complex geometries. The powerful laser processes the material in such a way that no nicks are left on the surface. All curlicles correspond to the design prepared in the software.
The updated model is suitable for creating single pieces or series production parts.
Highly detailed outline drawing is achieved.
The finished object, further processed after printing, looks like this. Here you can see that the laser clearly traces the contours.
The printer’s extensive functionality allows you to print parts of all kinds, from robot parts to tool prototypes.
The device allows you to print three-dimensional decorative models for clothing.
A collection of swimsuits that had three-dimensional blanks sewn onto them looked like this.
Who is suitable for whom?
Spheres of use of 3D-printer Sinterit Lisa Pro are many. Among them:
- Fashion design and sewing. Melinda Bam, owner of Bambshell, created a line of swimwear decorated with three-dimensional details. They were made on a printer using powdered materials;
- robotics. High detailing allows models and prototypes to be created with clearly delineated exterior features;
architecture and design. The printer can be used to prototype objects and consider possible weaknesses in advance;
heavy industry. The device is designed for single or series production of parts;
- medicine. The printer can be used to create prototypes of prosthetics, to carry out projects of any complexity.
The Polish model from Sinterit is also suitable for use in jewelry, the military-industrial sector, foundries, etc.
What materials are used?
Sinterit Lisa Pro not only works with free-flowing polymer materials. Elastic Flexa Black, TPU and thermoplastic polyurethane can also be processed. This raw material is suitable for the production of rubber-like parts. The device can process Flexa Grey, a material that provides increased flexibility.
The printer supports all SLS powders produced by Sinterit.
Important: If not all of the powder was used in the printing process, it can be used for the next session by adding a new powder to it. Approximately 70% of the RA12 and RA11 powders can be reused.
Getting ready to work: the basics
To start the printer, you need to press the power button and turn the special key. Before printing, you must wipe down the guides and inspect the chamber for foreign parts.
A respirator and gloves are mandatory when loading material into the compartment. The powder is aligned automatically. After that, the user needs to close the lid.
Models to be made on the Sinterit Lisa Pro are first created in the proprietary Sinterit Studio software. The slider is easy to use and has uncomplicated settings. The user selects the material, the location of the model in the chamber and the height of the layer.
Important! Objects in the chamber should not overlap and go beyond the allowable printing area.
After the user has created the desired model, it is transferred to the memory of the device via Wi-Fi connection or flash drive. The user presses the Start New Print button on the touch screen to begin printing. Available files for printing will appear in the list. You need to select the desired one.
Before printing the printer will warm up the camera for about an hour and a half. This is an important parameter for the calculation of the model production time.
The process of operation of the device can be monitored on the LCD screen: information about the readiness of the object is displayed on it. You can assess the situation in the chamber through the transparent cover on top of the housing.
The ready part is taken out with a special device. After that it is sent for post-processing. First the user cleans it from the powder with a metal brush, and then it is further processed in a sandblaster.
The manufacturer insists that there is no need for initial calibration once the device is assembled. The device is ready to work without additional measures.
Sinterit Lisa Pro is a printer from the Polish manufacturer, which became an improved version of Sinterit Lisa.
- The model works using Selective Laser Sintering (or SLS) technology. This is selective laser sintering, which allows to create small details and prototypes from polymer powder.
- The desktop model features two major innovations – an integrated argon and nitrogen feed and a larger print chamber.
- The 3D printer allows you to create objects with a smooth surface and high modulus of elasticity.
- Thanks to the enlarged chamber, the user can produce models with increased dimensions – up to 316 mm.
- The device works with powdered materials and flexible, Sinterit is working on the development of new raw materials that will be suitable to work with their printers.
- There is a compact LCD display on the front panel for controlling printing.
- You can develop the design of the future workpiece in the software – Sinterit Studio. The slicer suggests selecting parameters of layer thickness, material, etc.
- The kit includes protective equipment – a respirator and goggles. They should be worn while working with the technique, as powdered materials can be harmful to health.
- Powder processed once can then be used again, diluting it with new raw material.
- The device is characterized by a simplified cleaning system. For this purpose, a freely accessible tank is provided.