Sinterit brand is a name familiar to everyone who appreciates 3D printers of European quality. This Polish company produces mid-priced 3D printers, as well as consumables and accessories for them. Printers of this company have gained wide popularity in the global market thanks to their two flagships – Lisa and Lisa Pro. In this article we will describe the characteristics of Sinterit Lisa 3D printer and try to give the most objective assessment of the quality of this model as well as the intended use of the device.
Overview of 3D-printer Sinterit Lisa
Polish company Sinterit specializes in the production of 3D printers that use the technology of selective laser sintering (SLS-printing). This is a fairly new technology that has not yet had time to become widespread in the production of 3D printers, such as FDM, so the founders of the brand were able to occupy a vacant niche in the market. The company was founded in 2014, and as its main goal its management chose the production of the most technologically advanced, but at the same time available to a wide range of users devices.
IMPORTANT: Sinterit Lisa is one of today’s most advanced 3D printers based on the laser sintering technology.
The device works on the principle of plug-and-play, that is, in fact, the buyer receives a printer ready to print immediately after taking it out of the box without the need for time-consuming configuration. Simply plugging it in is enough.
Its distinctive feature is that the model allows you to print one large piece at a time, as well as several small ones, the flight of fancy of the owner can only be limited by the size of the printing table. It is also important that the printing technology allows for the manufacture of multiple parts, not only connect them to each other, but also to “put” into each other.
Sinterit Lisa 3D printer technical specifications
STL, OBJ, 3DS, FBX file formats
Dimensions, mm 620 x 400 x 660
PA12 smooth, flexa Black software
IR laser 5W
Maximum power consumption 1,6 kW
Maximal dimension of the workpiece PA12: 90x110x130 mm, flexa Black: 110x130x150 mm
The minimum wall thickness of 0.4 mm
Power consumption 0,9 kW
Temperature of the chamber 105 °C
Temperature of printing table 190 °C
Accuracy of X, Y axes, mm 0.1
Working chamber area 150 x 200 x 150 mm
Speed 15 mm / hour
Layer thickness from 75 μm
Weight, kg 41
It is also worth noting that the Lisa printer has a built-in camera and can be connected to a computer via Wi-Fi or USB.
The printing technology used by Sinterit Lisa 3D printer is designed for the production of functional prototypes, as well as small series of products, the main material of which is a synthetic powder. During printing, the device consistently applies high temperatures (using high-power lasers) to the layers of powder material, sintering them into each other.
Using this method produces a finished product with high elasticity, resistance to stretching, and a smooth, well-printed surface without the previously required support structures, thus avoiding the appearance of external defects due to the layering of printed parts.
Main advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages of the model are rightly considered:
- The presence of a built-in diode laser with a power of 5 watts.
- The presence of a microcomputer, controlling the operation of the device.
- The impressive size of the inner chamber.
- Ability to print several products at a time.
- No need to use support structures when printing.
- Material reuse function.
- Ready to print “out of the box”.
- Built-in automatic calibration function.
- Small sizes.
- Capable of printing workpieces up to 32 centimeters in size.
- Device software can support intranet work with several printers if they are located in one company’s home network.
- Rich equipment.
- Precise printing of products and their high quality.
- Extremely easy operation.
- Simplified procedure for cleaning the system.
The disadvantages include only the relatively high cost of devices and the need to purchase related equipment – sandblasters, sifters, etc.
All Sinterit Lisa printers come with the following equipment:
- The printer is complete.
- nstructions for its use.
- A set of accessories necessary for printing.
IMPORTANT: The manufacturer recommends that you also purchase a specialized sandblaster and at least four kilograms of special powder for printing.
The printer comes with:
- A power cord to connect the device.
- A special container for storing the powder.
- Software on a USB Flash drive.
- Container for dispensing printing material.
- Special brush.
- Brush for cleaning the product.
- Protective mask and goggles.
- Gloves for work.
- Tray for handling the finished product.
- A device designed to remove the printed product.
- Key to start the printer.
- Warranty card and product data sheet.
Print quality and product examples
Main purpose of Sinterit Lisa printer is printing products with the most complex geometric forms. The laser sintering technology allows to process the material in such a way that the surface of the product is maximum smooth, without any flakiness or jagged edges. All curves and small details are printed exactly as it was defined in the project, loaded into the printer’s software.
This 3D printer model successfully handles the creation of both one-off and small-batch parts.
The specificity of this device allows to achieve an extremely high level of detail in the outline drawing of the product.
Also, this model of 3D printer allows you to easily print highly detailed, three-dimensional, jewelry for clothing.
Modular flowers, designed for clothing decoration, printed on this 3D printer from Flexa Black powder, made on the basis of thermoplastic polyurethane are soft and comfortable to wear and do not cause irritation.
The Sinterit Lisa has a relatively small size and a wide range of features.
Also affordability and economical model allows its use in a variety of industries where high productivity and the possibility of high-quality printing in the format of small-scale production.
The printer is suitable for use in:
- Industry, that is, where there is a need for regular production of parts and components for a variety of purposes, characterized by strength and the ability to shrink.
- Jewelry industry for printing the finest decorative elements that require maximum detailing.
- Scientific environment – the dimensions of the device make it possible to install it in laboratories.
- Robotics – the high level of product detail allows the creation of parts for models and prototypes with clear exterior features.
- Medicine, in particular – dentistry, for making prototypes of prostheses, etc.
- In the sphere of design and fashion. Printer capabilities allow to create volumetric jewelry for clothes and other accessories.
Thus, the main target audience of Sinterit are:
- Architects and engineers.
- Employees of the automotive industry.
- Various educational and research institutions.
- Producers of products for everyday use.
- Robotics, etc.
What materials are used?
Sinterit Lisa 3D printers can work not only with loose materials in powder form, but also with elastic – Flexa Black, and thermoplastic – TPU. These materials are suitable for printing rubber-like products. The device can also successfully work with Flexa Grey material, which is used to achieve increased flexibility of the product.
When working with this model of 3D-printer all powders for printing with SLS-technology produced by Sinterit can be used.
IMPORTANT: If there is unused powder left in the feed chamber after printing the product, it can be used later by simply refilling the missing amount.
- RA11. This is the most popular powder for SLS printing. It has the smallest possible particle size which provides extra smoothness when printing.
- RA12. Its peculiarity is the increased strength. Admissible loads up to 41 MPa, elongation of tear – up to 13%.
- It is characterized by softness and elasticity.
Instructions for initial setup and preparation for work
The printer is delivered assembled, so in order to start the device, all you have to do is plug in the cord, press the power button and turn the key that comes with the printer.
It is also recommended that you wipe the guides before using the device and inspect the camera to ensure that no unnecessary objects have entered the camera.
IMPORTANT: Always wear the respirator and gloves that come with the printer when loading the powder into the powder compartment. The material will align automatically.
In order to start printing you need to create a model in the Sinterit Studio slicer. The program is very easy to use – the user only has to choose the type of material used, the location of the model in the chamber and the height of the layer to be applied.
After the desired model has been created, it has to be transferred to the memory of the device. For this purpose, it is possible to use the wireless Internet or to transfer the file by means of a USB storage device.
After that it is necessary to press the Start New Print button and select the necessary file for printing on the screen.
IMPORTANT: Before you start printing, you need to warm up the camera of the device. It takes about 1.5-2 hours.
All information about the readiness of the product is displayed on the printer screen and the correctness of printing can be assessed by looking into the chamber through the transparent cover on the top of the housing.
The finished part can be removed with a special device, and then sent to the tray for post-processing. Dust from the product is cleaned off with a special metal brush, and then follows the stage of processing the part in a sandblasting machine.
The manufacturer also insists that the user perform an initial calibration of the device before the first run.
The finished part is taken out with a special fixture. After that it is sent for post-processing. First the user cleans it of powder with a metal brush, and then it is further processed in a sandblasting machine.
According to the manufacturer, the printer is ready to run immediately, without additional calibration or other preparatory measures.
Sinterit Lisa – 3D-printer, designed for stable printing of fully functional products, which must withstand high temperatures, severe mechanical loads and work in aggressive chemical environments. All this significantly increased its application area. Sinterit was able to offer designers, doctors, engineers, as well as companies interested in small-scale production the full functionality of SLS-technology of 3D-printing without purchasing large-format industrial equipment. Also, when buying a Sinterit Lisa printer, you should pay attention to the accompanying devices produced by this brand, in particular – sandblasting machines and devices for sifting powder. They will allow you to fully develop the capabilities of the 3D printer.